In order to provide our services to you, you need to provide certain personal information to us, as described in detail below. We know that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. We respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of any personal data which we receive from you and retain on your behalf.
Who we are
What is "personal information" ?
How we protect personal information
We are committed to responsible data management and comply with applicable data protection legislation. We apply industry best practices to protect the security of the data stored on our systems. We will collect, store and use your personal information only to support and enhance your relationship with us, for example, to process and ship your packages, provide service and support, answer your questions, and communicate news to you about our service. We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information. We do not disclose it to anyone outside the Jetkrate organisation, except as necessary to our trusted partners and suppliers, in order to provide services to you.
Reasons why we use personal information
We collect and process all kinds of data, including personal data, for the following reasons:
- With user consent, e.g., to receive marketing materials;
- Where the collection and processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, i.e., to fulfill your shipping orders;
- Where necessary to comply with law; and
- Where the collection or processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, while respecting individual interests. Our legitimate interests include: providing the Jetkrate services; internal record-keeping and reporting; administrative purposes; and to operate, maintain and improve the website.
Personal information collected
We collect personal information about you only if you decide to provide us with that information. The personal information we ask you to provide may include the following:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Country of residence
- Residence address or other address where you can receive packages
- Credit card information in limited circumstances (see “Credit Card Information” below)
Any personal details you submit are used only to enable us and our suppliers to provide service to you, for example: to create and maintain your Jetkrate account; to process your orders for Jetkrate services; for receiving, storing, processing and shipping your packages; and for communicating with you. All information you supply will be treated in a confidential manner. Your computer system information including type and IP address (your computer's individual identification on the Internet) may be automatically logged by our web server.
Non-personal information collected
We may also collect non-personal information that is not associated specifically with you and cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may collect anonymous electronic information regarding the number of visitors to the website and what features they visit. We also keep data regarding our shipping operations, for example the number of packages processed by our hubs, the countries packages are shipped to, and the categories of products shipped. This helps us provide more useful information to you and to improve our services. By using this website and our services, you acknowledge that we are permitted to collect, use, share and store such anonymized aggregated data for the purpose of evaluating our services, analytics, metrics, research, reporting, other legitimate business purposes.
Information about the packages being shipped on your behalf will be provided to our trusted shipping partners and also to the necessary authorities for export, import, duty and tax purposes, and security screening. The information may include your name, delivery address, description of the goods, their value, the number of pieces, and the weight of the package. This information is required by law and regulations applicable in the countries from where and to where packages are transported.
Credit card information
As a general rule, we do not store credit card information except for customers in certain countries where Jetkrate service is provided in cooperation with a partner. For those countries, customers' credit card information is stored securely in compliance with the credit card industry PCI-DSS security requirements.
- For customers in most countries, credit card information is taken and processed on our behalf by the secure servers of Adyen Enterprise Payment Services, a Netherlands Internet Payment Service Provider certified by the major credit card companies. Through Adyen, we fully support the 3D Secure authentication mechanism (referred to by the major credit card companies as “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode”). Adyen may need to transfer some information outside the EU area for the purposes of credit card validation and authentication. For more information on Adyen, please click here.
- We also accept payments via PayPal and fully comply with all related security requirements. We do not store any of your PayPal data.
We do not provide services for children. As stated in our Terms and Conditions, you must be at least 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your country in order to use our services. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. In the event that we learn we have collected personal information about a child, we will promptly delete that information from our records.
Where personal information is stored and processed
To enable us to provide Jetkrate services to you, it is necessary to store and process your personal information on our systems and the systems of our trusted partners and suppliers, which are located in New Zealand, UK, Guernsey, Germany, Turkey, Japan, the United States and other countries. The country where your personal information is stored and/or processed may not have privacy laws equivalent to those in your country. As stated in our Terms and Conditions, by creating a Jetkrate account and using Jetkrate services, you are giving consent for the personal data you submit to be stored and processed in one or more of these locations.
We may use web beacons on our site or in our e-mails. A web beacon is an electronic image which is used to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or e-mail. Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our site in various ways, for example, collecting statistics on the number of individuals who visit our site or when a particular web page is viewed. The information we collect may include some limited personal information, and web beacons allow us to recognize users by accessing cookies. We may also combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other personal information we have collected from you. We use all of this information to personalise and provide a better experience on our website for you. By using our website and our service you consent to these uses of web beacons.
When you log in to your Jetkrate account, other users will not be able to access your information without your password, even if they know your account number. To prevent other people from accessing your information, you should keep your password confidential and secure and be sure to sign off from your web session if you are using a shared computer or mobile device. You can change your password by logging in to “My Account”, and we recommend that you do change it periodically.
Your e-mail address
We use your e-mail address to communicate with you about your orders (e.g., receipt of packages at your Suite address, questions about the products you have ordered or their value, obtaining your shipping instructions, confirming your orders, reminders about our storage services, and advising you when your package has shipped). We may also use your e-mail address to send you communications about our products and services but only if you have “opted in” to receive marketing communications. You may change your preference and opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the e-mail. Occasionally we may communicate with you by e-mail to request you to participate in a customer survey. We may also communicate with you via your Twitter account or your account in other social media, but only if you sign up to receive such communications.
E-mail and social media that rely on the Internet are not privacy protected. Messages traveling through the Internet via e-mail or social media links are subject to viewing, alteration and copying by hackers and identity thieves.
Disclosures required by law
We may need to disclose your personal information if required to do so by a court or government agency, or to investigate fraud, or as may otherwise be required by law.
Websites linked to our site
- The right to know what personal data we have about you.
- The right to object to certain processing of personal data (unless we have compelling grounds), including the right to “opt out” of receiving marketing materials. We will, however, continue to use your personal data for the limited purpose of communicating important notices relating to your use of our services, and other reasons permitted by law.
- The right to request correction of personal data that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated. You can update or correct your personal details at any time by logging in to “My Account”.
- The right to request deletion of all personal data that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated within a reasonable period of time. We will do everything possible to erase such personal data if you request. However, we will not be able to erase all personal data if it is technically impossible due to technology limitations or where we are required by law to retain the data.
- The right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data for certain reasons, for example, if it is inaccurate.
- If we hold personal data based on your consent, and not for any other reason, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following specific rights regarding the collection and processing of your personal data protection:
- You may access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information at any time.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request us to delete your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any processing that took place prior to your withdrawal. Also we may continue to process your personal information if required or permitted by law to do so
- You have the right to “opt out” at any time from receiving marketing communications. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the way we collect and use your personal information.
You may contact Customer Service if you have any questions or concerns about the privacy of data you give us.
Terms and conditions
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for additional important information on your use of this website and of Jetkrate services.
Updated May 27, 2020