5 Types of Packaging to Consider for International Shipping
Every day, people ship out parcels. While parcels and packages are containers that transfer goods from one destination to another, these containers are not the same as protective packaging. The purpose of barrier-protection packaging is to protect shipped items from harm and damage. During transportation, packages are subjected to unexpected dropping, rough handling, and internal movement, making them vulnerable to damage. If you are facing difficulties managing your parcels online you can let Jetkrate deal with all these hurdles
5 Types of Packaging for Product Shipment:
If you want to ship products internationally but don't know which types of packaging are right for them, this blog is for you. We've covered 5 types of packaging you need to consider when you ship products internationally. Shipping is crucial when it comes to business. If you improve your packaging and can avoid some of the common packaging mistakes companies make, Your company will surely gain an advantage over rivals.
1. Padded Dividers Sets: Perfect for Electronic Gadgets
Padded sets are sectioned, padded boxes that you can use to coordinate shipped items. These boxes have padded surfaces on every side and padded covers for added support.
This type of packaging comes in a variety of sizes. These boxes are used to protect sensitive items such as shipping explosive items like Lithium batteries. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- They work best for holding small items.
- When mailing a collection of items, they can provide optimal protection.
- They are divided into compartments by small walls.
- Padded divider sets make it possible to ship two seemingly incompatible items in the same package.
2. Bubble Wrapping: Useful for All Type of Packaging
Bubble wrap comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, but bubble bags are the most common. Here are a few things to keep in mind when using sheets of bubble wrap:
- They are also available in roll form, which is useful for wrapping items.
- They provide protection as well as packaging.
3. Peanuts Packaging: Best for Fragile Objects
Packaging peanuts, or packing peanuts, are similar to the shape and size of unshelled peanuts. This kind of packaging material is useful in many ways:
- They often come in packages including items in bunches.
- They protect fragile items as a filler.
- They use empty space and surround the protected objects closely.
- They are usually included in carton boxes.
- They create an effect of coating.
- They can hold fragile items and other unique appliances in place.
4. Foam Packaging: Best for Furniture and Gadget Items
Packaging foam types include a wide range of products which can be shaped and cut into any form suitable for a particular item. Your items are better protected from damage when they are enveloped in packaging foam. This packaging is denser and larger in size than small weight packing. These types of packaging are mostly used in forwarding parcels internationally. Our blog illustrates everything you should know to forward your parcels from New Zealand to the World. Here is more information about foam packaging:
- It can package items with no definite shape.
- Its types include sheets, rolls of sponge, foam rolls, and egg crates.
- The material of packaging foam is diverse, so you have a variety of options.
- It can be wrapped together with a certain item individually.
- This category of protective packaging is firm.
- You can customize the protection level needed for a certain product.
5. Paper Wrapping: Perfect for Ceramics and Showpiece Items
You can use wrapping paper, or packaging paper, in various packaging applications. It is much thicker and stronger than regular printer paper and is available in a variety of colors and textures, including brown paper, carton, etc. Here are some more details:
- It is usually sold in rolls.
- You can supplement the packed paper with tape or adhesive to keep it in place.
- Adhesives are less necessary when you use the paper in large quantities.
Here you have 5 types of packaging and packaging materials to consider for international shipping. Protective packaging is a must for moving and shipping your personal items. There is no universal product-scale packaging, so it is vital to use suitable protective packaging. This choice can be the difference between a safe, intact shipment and a destroyed one.