Forwarding parcels from New Zealand to the world. Everything you should know
Some items and products are only available at New Zealand stores. You have everything to buy what you want from these merchants, but they don't ship to your location. Will you just drop your order, or will you find a solution? Fortunately, you can find the answer with Jetkrate. We are the leading marketer that allows you to shop and ship packages from New Zealand.
How does Jetkrate work?
We work according to your request. You are in total control of your package when you use Jetkrate. It's as if you are sending the parcels personally. The only difference is all you need to do is tap, select, and click. So, how can we be of help?
When you create an account with Jetkrate, you can obtain your New Zealand shipping address, which you can use on all merchants from New Zealand. You will receive an email confirmation once your package arrives at your suite in Jetkrate's warehouse. After that, you can select how and where you want us to send your package.
Take a look at the detailed steps below in using Jetkrate to forward parcels from New Zealand internationally
- Register for a free Jetkrate account
- Verify your account. - We will send a confirmation email to your registered email address.
- Login to your account.
- Enter your account details - shipping address and billing address.
- Access your New Zealand address from your dashboard or at the top of Jetkrate's page.
- Purchase your desired items from any New Zealand store. Remember to use your New Zealand shipping address when you check out your order.
- Wait for your package to arrive at Jetkrate's warehouse.
- Upon arrival, you can choose to forward it or store it in your suite until you finish all your New Zealand purchases.
- Jetkrate will now process forwarding your parcel. This includes legal documents and invoicing you the final cost. Repacking and consolidating, if necessary, also happens in this stage.
- Jetkrate will send your package for shipment.
- Wait for delivery day.
You can always track and manage your packages online when you create an account with us. So, don't worry if your parcel takes a little bit longer to arrive at your doorstep. It may only be delayed in the customs, or the transit is affected by the weather. Moreover, we will notify you of every movement of your package.
Many retailers pack items in an oversized box that incur additional charges. Hence, we have repacking services to transfer your items into smaller packages to reduce your shipping costs. However, terms and conditions will still apply to this service.
We often receive multiple parcels from one recipient only. However, this may result in higher shipping costs as each item is considered a separate shipment. Thus, we offer package consolidation services if you want to reduce your forwarding expenses. We can combine the items into one box to be treated as a single load.
We do not open parcels unless it is suspected to contain prohibited items. We will only open and inspect your package at your discretion. If you want us to check that the items delivered in our warehouse are correct and undamaged, we can do so. We will send the photos to your email and wait for your response.
Parcel Shipping Costs
The cost of forwarding packages from New Zealand depends on various factors, such as your chosen courier, the package's volumetric weight, and Jetkrate fees. Our experts are working diligently 24/7 to give you the best shipping rate at the time of your request.
You can use our free shipping calculator to obtain an estimate of how much it will cost you. Please note that this estimated cost is still subject to change as we determine its actual weight at the time of our dispatch. Moreover, Jetkrate fees will also apply.
How do Jetkrate ship packages?
We ship packages to over 200 countries worldwide, including the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
FedEx International Priority
- Fast shipping time
- Most expensive shipping rate
- Tracking details
- Multi-piece delivery
- Ships up to 30kg
FedEx International Economy
- Standard transport time
- Less expensive shipping rate
- Tracking data
- Multi-piece delivery
- Ships up to 30kg
DHL Express Worldwide
- Speedy delivery time
- Cheapest shipping rate
- Tracking information
- Multi-piece delivery
- Transports up to 30kg
All couriers require a signature on delivery to avoid package loss. If you haven't received your orders within the given time frame, please contact us directly.
Note: We do not allow you to use your own courier when using Jetkrate to send your parcels. We are responsible for arranging your package's courier, and all you need to do is select among the given transportation means.
Reminders That Every Jetkrate Customer Must Consider
Although sending parcels global is easy through Jetkrate, it still requires detailed attention and consideration. Many packages may get lost or damaged along the way. Thus, it is essential to keep in mind some reminders to consider whenever you are forwarding packets.
Taxes and Duties
Many are asking if they have to pay their tax and duty when forwarding parcels internationally. To put it simply, any imported goods have corresponding duties and taxes depending on your package's destination and your item's nature and value. Check the appropriate tax and duty payables of the country where you are sending your parcels.
We can do the paperwork needed to send parcels globally on your behalf. Please note that we rely on your content and value disclosure. Therefore, it is essential to declare accurate information about your package for convenient customs clearance and consignment or postage purposes.
Moreover, we do not compensate for package loss or damage if your declared value or item is different from what you notified us the first time. Please also remember that failure to submit legal documentation when shipping international parcels can result in criminal charges and penalties.
As part of your responsibilities, you should always abide by the laws, rules, and regulations concerning parcel forwarding. One of these practices is to ensure that the New Zealand government does not prohibit the items you are sending.
Sending restricted items overseas is subjected to severe offenses and penalties. We are also not responsible for any loss, damage, and cost of prohibited items. So, always check our complete list of banned articles to avoid delays and further problems.
Examples of prohibited items:
• Ammunitions and weapons like bullets, grenades, and catapults
• Bleaches and poisons like cyanide, chlorine, and weed killers
• Flammable solids and liquids like aerosols and charcoals
• Valuables like gift cards, vouchers, and traveler's cheques
• Items like drugs, untreated furs and skins, and batteries.
There are prohibited items that we can still send but with special packaging requirements. Here is a couple of such articles:
• Lithium-ion and Lithium-ion polymer batteries
• Electronic devices like mobile phones, laptop, and cameras
If these are prohibited, can I still send one internationally? Technically, yes. You can still ship electronic devices and Lithium-ion batteries internationally as long as it meets specific requirements such as the following:
• Each Lithium-ion cell must be in a maximum of 20 watts/hour.
• Each Lithium-ion battery must be in a maximum of 100 watts/hour.
• Devices, especially with batteries, must be switched off and wrapped perfectly to stand against a 1.2m drop.
If you still have questions and concerns about our services, please do not hesitate to email us or contact our customer service representatives via Live Chat.